The Department of Pastoral and Spiritual Care (Chaplaincy) are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Chaplain to join our established, collaborative and supportive Chaplaincy Team, which is committed to providing high quality Pastoral, Spiritual and Religious care to patients of any faith, or none at all. The post is open to experienced healthcare Chaplains with previous pastoral and spiritual care experience in acute hospitals or mental health settings. This is a generic Chaplaincy position which will include work in a facility for mental health ‘in patients’. The successful applicant must be willing to be on call and provide 24/7 cover as part of the team.
- Are you able to engage easily and confidently with people?
- Do you have an understanding of and openness to the pastoral, spiritual, religion/belief of people faced with a terminal diagnosis or poor prognosis?”
- Are you able to demonstrate experience in dealing with distressed individuals?
- Do you have a deep understanding of your own spirituality (may or may not include a religious belief) and openness to the spirituality of other people?
- Are you open to dealing with people from all faith backgrounds and none?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
If so, this is for you! You will be part of a friendly collaborative team of chaplains and volunteers who have a heart for the pastoral and spiritual needs of all patients, visitors and staff.
Closing date: 3rd May 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk.